Sitting Sessions, Tainan
199 Youai St., Zhongxi Dist, Tainan 700, Taiwan
The sitting session course aims to create a communal Zen meditation environment for practitioners to benefit from each other. Sharing the same 3-session schema of the Center’s course design, the sitting sessions take place on most Saturdays from 10 – 10:45 am, or 10 – 11:45 am for monthly half-day retreats, or 10 am – 3:30 pm for daylong retreat. Shifu (Teacher or Master) Linda or Shifu Jeremy will lead the guided meditation and group sharing and accept questions at the end of the session.
To secure your seat and plan your schedule, please check the sitting session calendar and sign up for the class to receive the class updates, reminders, and Zoom links (if we need to move the in-person sitting sessions online). And bring along your meditation cushion and blanket to meditate with us!
In addition to the real-time Zoom sitting sessions held in the Tainan Center, Shifu Linda and Shifu Jeremy lead in-person and real-time Zoom sitting sessions for practitioners in two other time zones, San Jose, California (Pacific Time) and UK (GMT) . You may find the sitting session calendar below and sign up for the sitting session of your desired time zone(s) to receive the class updates, reminders, and Zoom links.
- Sign up for San Jose, California (Pacific Time) sitting sessions (in-person only)
- Sign up for UK (GMT) sitting sessions (Zoom class). Check for UK calendar (Manchester Center).
- Sign up for Taiwan (GMT+8) sitting sessions (Zoom class, in-person classes are suspended until further notice). Check for TW calendar.
We will be practicing Doubting Meditation or huatou (Chn. huatou, Jpn. wato, Krn. hwadu) in our sitting sessions and retreats. If you are new to this meditation method, you may sign up for the Online Zen School and enroll in Bridging Class for the introduction to Doubting Meditation.
* Prior Online registration is required. As required by Taiwan law, our non-profit organization provides classes to its members only. Those who apply for classes will automatically apply for the learning membership to take classes at None Zen Center, which is why you will need to fill in some personal information on the application form. No membership fee will be charged for learning membership. The None Zen Center reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
We provide tuition-free meditation classes, but we do ask that you consider providing a donation. The None Zen Center is run entirely by donations. It is the loving gifts from our teachers, students, and friends, which create a tuition-free learning environment for Zen meditation, and so will your generosity surely pass on the same love to others.
We recommend a NT$800 donation for the 3-sitting session course. Donations of greater and lesser sums are all appreciated. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. You may donate online or give the gift at the Center.
Classes will be held on the following dates:
The class/sitting session will start sharp at 10am. Please arrive 5 to 10 minutes early to prepare yourself for the class. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Sign up for San Jose, California (Pacific Time) sitting sessions (in-person only)
|Class Name||Class Dates and Hours
* Saturdays 10 – 10:45am unless otherwise specified.
|TWSS 0||Jul 17, 24, and 31
* * This class is for internal training only
|TWSS 1||Aug 14, 21, and 28
|TWSS 2||Sep 4, 18, and 25 (10 – 11:45am)
|TWSS 3||Oct 2, 9, and 16 (10 – 11:45am)
|TWSS 4||Oct 23, 30, and Nov 6 (10 am – 3:30pm)
|TWSS 5||Nov 20, Dec 4, Dec 11 (10 – 11:45am)